Easy Breezy Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Bread
This tender and moist Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Bread with lemon glaze is delicious and super easy to make. You can also pour this batter into a muffin tray and turn it into scrumptious Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. It is a great recipe for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon tea.
Our cake is resting beautifully on our vintage English Cake Plate.This Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Bread recipe is not only easy and delicious but it’s also a lighter version of the traditional lemon poppy bread. I prefer using skim milk and fat free Green yogurt and it still comes out super moist and delicious - I also skip the icing but that’s just a personal preference so I don’t feel THAT guilty when I eat the whole loaf! 😊
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Lemon Icing ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly grease a bread pan with butter or oil.
- Add the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt to the bowl of your KitchenAid mixer (or just a regular large bowl if you’re going to just mix everything by and – totally fine!).
- In another bowl, whisk the rest of the bread ingredients together – do not overbeat your egg mixture. Then add these wet ingredients to your flour bowl and slowly stir just until fully incorporated. Do not over mix or your bread won’t get fluffy and moist!
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bread pan, transfer to the oven and bake for about 45 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make your icing by whisking the confectioners sugar and lemon juice together. Icing is such a personal preference that you could add more lemon juice or sugar as necessary until you get the consistency you like.
- Let the loaf bread cool off in the loaf pan for 5 minutes then remove it from the pan and lest it rest on a cooling rack until it cools completely. Drizzle with the lemon icing and enjoy!
Leave a comment